10.21.2009

dear william blake: i'm sorry i ever doubted you.

so i always knew that the band's name, the doors, was influenced by aldous huxley's The Doors of Perception -- my friend, tony, who i was an orientation leader with the summer after my freshman year, loved this book. i sort of want to read it, but since it's about huxley's drug experimentation i don't know if i'll be able to get into it. i want to read it anyway. but what i didn't know (and what i found out a couple days ago) was that jim morrison actually used to read william blake:

if the doors of perception were cleaned
every thing would appear to man as it is: in-
-finite.

pretty sweet. i love this quote. and i love william blake a whole lot more now. and i even love my brit lit class -- this was probably one of the only memorable things i actually learned about blake.

!!i'm going to real college, as my sister dubs it, this weekend with lauren: lehigh!! should be awesome to see erica/get away for a couple of days.

!!

2 comments:

mjr615 said...

Blake was also an accomplished painter, I learned from a book review. Love the blog. Post on!

mjr615 said...

2 undeniable truths:
1) I received Aldous Huxley's Brave New World one year for Christmas, but the next day it had dissappeared, apparently tossed out with the wrapping paper. I have not yet recovered.
2) Blake's got a new face.