6.30.2010

the most updatey of updates

this summer has thus far been a dedication to spending time with friends from home on long island, seeing friends from nyu [most of which are also in manhattan!], continuing my job at nyu stern, interning for a production agency called humble, completing my professional certificate at nyu in public relations, and building my creative portfolio for advertising.

i kicked off being back in the states after returning from london in late may with a trip to california with doctor hilarious herself . what a great trip: unique from all of my other journeys over there. for the first time ever, i stayed in, and not just outside of, la in los feliz [pronounced feel-liz .. the source of much confusion for me]. most days were spent walking down sunset or hollywood blvd with lauren and her cousins, going into sketchy thrift stores, and buying children's sunglasses that were one dollar and still fit my head! time well spent.

after a few days there, my friend of about 10 years now who i actually first met at a resort in california, sebrin, drove down from her place in ventura, picked us up, and we rode the coast down to san diego. erica, catrina, and eileen were there waiting for us. stayed for the first time not in downtown san diego but instead in carlsbad, about 40 minutes from the downtown area. a secluded, self-sustaining, relaxing resort like the one at which we stayed was exactly what i needed after a semester in london and a 17-day backpacking experience. idle time spent with old friends cannot be beat.

at lauren's cousin's place in los feliz.

more to come on thoughts/musings/my mind's meanderings/alliteration, but for now, this is strictly business. i hope you've enjoyed the most updatey of updates. off to the jersey shore [for the first time ever] this weekend for my friend julia's 21st birthday and july 4th.

happy fourth all. yay america!

1 comment:

mjr615 said...

How could this post exist for so long without my knowledge of it??! I must be slipping. Good stuff Kaila, please post again soon and often.